God has given me a new gift. Communicating God in a different way than He has in the pass. I use to experience visitations from Him. Powerful ones at first and then Jesus would appear to me less powerful as time went on. I believe preparing me for this new gift. He has shown me His nature well enough to know some qualities about Him. I have been tricked many times by the devil too and the devil always brings major troubles in your life. So I thought I share some of the differences to watch out for if you are knew at testing the spirits. I am hoping some of my own experiences of what I have learnt will help you.
1. My new gift came about through writing articles for Him. I notice that God was putting thoughts and words in my mind that improve the value of all that I wrote about Him. So then I thought I will try to hear His thoughts and ask Him questions, and see if He will start bringing me His thoughts to me as I write it down. To my surprise He did. Then not long after I did that, He just start talking to me with a flow after I finished writing. To my shock. I also wanted Him to stop because I was so tied I only wanted to go to bed and I was afraid of this new gift. It was clear it was no longer just a fun thing it became a responsibility. I now find it is for His purpose and even though it is extremely wonderful, His timing is not always when I am willing to have a conversation with Him. I was trying not to listen, so I could control it. A lot of it was the fear of Satan and his mob, making use of this new gift and be fooled into thinking God is talking to me when it is really Satan. So I was very afraid. God told me off for blocking His voice and I was in fear of God then. Now He is teaching me when He is speaking to me and how the evil ones try to override Him when God is talking to me.
2. When God speaks it can just flow as if I am speaking to another person. At other times He is speaking, but I can’t get all the words, and it seems very much to me the evil one tries to stop the flow of the conversation between Jesus and me by blocking my mind some way from being able to hear Him.
3. I have to seek the mind of God and not the world. That way I am in a good position to know if it is God speaking to me or not. There are two different kinds of people in you and me. One of the world, which is sinful and we are to be very afraid of it. The other one that is holy and that comes from God. Not one good thought can ever enter in our minds by itself. So good thoughts that have no other motives, but to serve and please God always comes from God. Unless the enemies interrupt the flow, which then can lead to evil, even though it starts out to looks good at the beginning, it is far from it. It is now the evil one speaking to you in disguise of God. So it starts out God talking and then may end up being Satan talking to you. Satan can take over the conversation without you knowing it. That is a scary thought.
4. God never speaks to us in a condemning way. He never speaks as to make out you are rubbish or stupid as will the evil spirits will. Satan and his mob uses this technique all the time. It is going on in your mind everyday anyway. It is just more noticeable when you see it in the supernatural plane. So if the spirit makes you fearful with a feeling of unworthiness that is the way the evil spirits try to control you. So much so you won’t dare test the spirits in fear that you are putting God to the test. They may make out God is so mad at you for being so sinful or what other reason they are using to control you that they put you in chains of fear. This is so that you will be so fearful that you have angered God that you will not even listen to other people, who are trying to warn you it is not God who is talking to you, but an evil spirit instead. We are told to test every spirit. We must ask ourselves does God speak in that tone that this spirit is speaking to you in. If you don’t know Him personally look at the Bible pages and see how Jesus speaks in kindness and compassion etc. Get the feel of His tone. Ask also is the spirit so controlling and domineering that there seems no pleasing it? That is a very good sign it is not from God.
5. When God is giving me what for! It is too correct me. He is not trying to destroy my hopes in my salvation in Him, but to remind me I am to live my life with the up most care and respect that He is Sovereign. When that has been accomplish and I kneel before Him with humble repentance, then I feel His peace and freedom. Not so if it is an evil spirit pretending to be God. They keep you in a state of fear continually. You see I have been fooled many times. Truth sets you free, lies keeps you trapped and a prisoner and keeps you fearful all the days of your life.
6. Experiences are so important to remember them and learn from. You should keep a record of them so as not to repeat the same mistakes. Over a period of time you learn more and more about the personality and character of God, the same way we learn about one another’s character. The more we have to do with one another and be genuinely interested in one another trying to please one another, the closer we become and the better we understand one another. Marriage couples are learning more and more about one another all the time as their love for one another grows and comes together. The same principal applies learning about God’s character. The Bible speaks about it, but when you personally get to know Him, it becomes a relationship and not a religion. God’s personality is so tender, gentle, kind and loving. If you stay close to Him, you will begin to recognise Him in everything and everywhere, because He is in His creation. If the spirit appears to be all those things, but there seems to be something a little off or controlling feeling about it, know that it is not God’s spirit. It is probably a familiar spirit pretending to be God or Jesus or a saint an angle. If there is anything at all that doesn’t seem quiet right, dismiss it straight away in Jesus’s Name.
7. If the Spirit is God who is correcting you in a stern way. It is a Father God doing it. God is strict, but also loving. He is not smudged nor haughty. He forgives the moment you repent of your sins. And you will straight away will feel His has forgiven you. There is no trace of control. He is a Loving God Father who wants the best for you and He knows you are in danger that is why He is so strict with us in moments like that. Then you will experience His love and compassion straight away. No loving human father ever enjoys chastising his child, but if you love somebody you may have to do things that you don’t like for their sake. He is also God and He wants everybody saved and enter into His kingdom. Nobody can enter into His kingdom if they don’t take His Godhead seriously. We are so blessed that His love for us raises us up to be called His children. All thanks to the price Jesus His Son paid for us. So we must always take care that we are living in union with His Spirit and not go our own way that does lead us straight to hell.